Monday, February 20, 2012

White . Amazing . Everyday

Family Photo 2009
I have a thing for "White"! Look at how it pops even against the almost white sandy beach in Florida. Ironic that I am the person wearing the blue top but I swear my skirt was white. Guess I missed the memo about wearing a white top. My love affair with the color "white" sometimes battles with my love affair for black but I do love .....



 the look of a crisp white shirt on women


and a man in a white shirt


the perfect pair of white jeans in the summer



 little girl in white party dresses

little boys in white canvas sneakers



any table dressed in white linens, white dishes and white flowers


and the elegance of a white living room.




Like all good romances spills and drips occur. My knight in shinning armor begins to yellow and take on a grayish hue. But this time I know it will work out because of a little advice I read in a woman's magazine years ago...

Cascade Dishwasher Detergent removes most any stain from fabric. Easy enough, just soak item in  hot water and one ActionPac.


Really! I successfully removed mustard, coffee, grass, blood and more stains from my whites. Recently, my daughter treated the cushion covers on her couch and removed everyday dirt marks a professional cleaner was not able to remove. 

So now you know my secret to keeping my love alive with the color "white". 



Inspiration for this blog came from @lynneknowton & @gimletstyle images are from our family photo, Pinterest, County Living Magazine, Crewcut Kids and Google Images
























2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I will put this to the test and let you know how it works :)

    ReplyDelete